Fiber Optic Cable Connectors
Hardware installed on Fiber Cable ends in order to provide attachment to a transmitter, receiver, or other cable; they are typically devices that can be connected and disconnected repeatedly.
There are many types of Fiber Optic Cable connectors:
- ST Connectors: Slotted bayonet type Connector with long ferrule. Common connector for mulitmode fibers.
- FC Connectors: Screw on type connector. Popular with single Mode fibers.
- SC Connectors: Push/pull connector that can also be used with Duplex fiber constuction.
- LC Connectors: Much like the ST Connector but with a Ferrule that is half the size.
- MT-RJ Connectors: Connector configured for duplex fibers with both fibers in one ferrule.
- MU Connectors: Much like the SC Connector but with a ferrule about half the size.
Sign up for the Timbercon newsletter: