Fiber Optics for Institutions
Fiber optics for institutions represent a small but growing area of the market. With many of these organizations focusing on education, research and development, and testing, the need for advanced communication, data transmission, and data collection methods is paramount.
Fiber optics for institutions are similar to other fiber optic applications as it is used to collect, manage, control, analyze, and/or connect data in a wide range of projects and processes. From sensors for hydrophones and SONAR equipment to medical procedure and analysis, these are just a few of the institutions adopting fiber optic technology in different operations:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Incorporated Research Institute for Seismology (IRIS)
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Association (NOAA)
- Advanced Engineering Development Program (AEDP)
- NASA’s research centers including the Glenn Research Center (GRC) and Langley Research Center (LaRC)
- SRI International – formally Stanford Research Institute
While most institutional fiber optic applications are rather unique in nature, the requirement of quality products, very strict tolerances, and customizable solutions remains a constant requirement. Timbercon specializes in application specific and custom product design, development, and manufacturing. Our fiber optic products have been designed to allow a high degree of customization and specialty product development. This balance of high technology and customization capability enables Timbercon to ensure we can create the exact product with the precise tolerance your application requires.