Hermaphroditic Fiber Optic Connectors
Timbercon offers several types of hermaphroditic, deployable, harsh environment cable assemblies. This connector was developed in conjunction with the United States Army and designed to meet the needs of the future battlefield. Using a sealed free-floating termini and keyed system based on industry standard fiber optic ceramic ferrules, Hermaphroditic Connectors built by Timbercon offer a reliable, cost-competitive solution for deployable fiber optic systems where hermaphroditic flexibility is a must. Timbercon terminates all Hermaphroditic Connector assemblies in our factory on custom, automatic polishing equipment.
- Series of 2, 4, 6, 8 & 12 channel connectors compatible with SMPTE compliant to Standard 328M-2001
- Blind mate, genderless interconnect used for mating multiple cables in ganged assembly configurations for deployable systems
- Wall-mount and jam-nut receptacles also available for traditional gender mating
- Corrosion, shock, and thermal resistant to several MIL standards
- Available in aluminum (hard-anodized) and 303 & 326 Stainless Steel connector bodies
- Water pressure sealing up to 25 psi for 48 hours
- Uses MIL-T-29504/14 & /15 front release termini
With precision optical alignment, ruggedized packaging, and technical superiority, Timbercon Hermaphroditic Connectors are ideal for any operation requiring military-grade fiber optics.
Hermaphroditic Connectors are also referred to as: TFOCA III®.
- High quality & reliable - USA made & manufactured
- Certified for harsh environments
- Consistent and reliable performance from precision engineering
- Military - mobile tactical field usage
- Shipboard - pier-side ship-to-shore communications
- Oil exploration
- Harsh environment
- Deployable broadcast networks and video transmission systems
- Emergency restoration systems
- Armored applications