- Posted On : 06/09/2020
- Department : Engineering
- Reporting to : VP of Engineering
Timbercon designs and manufactures high-reliability fiber optic, hybrid and laser cables, harnesses and assemblies for the military, aerospace, datacomm, medical and industrial markets.
We need a Senior Design Engineer with experience in the design, qualification and compliance requirements for Mil/Aero products developed in an AS9100/ISO9001 program level environment.
If you have team leadership skills, process finesse and infectious commitment to quality, and want to test your mettle in a demanding and fast-moving environment, we are waiting for you.
You will be part of a key engineering team and will see your influence manifest as viable products and solutions both within the organization and for our end customers.
You will have the ability to interface with multiple departments within the organization and with customers on development of products associated to the programs. This position will influence the approach taken with development projects and will drive projects to successful conclusion.
Finally, dedication and hard work are recognized and rewarded at Timbercon. Come join us!
We count on the Senior Design Engineer for:
- High level of technical knowledge, creativity and adaptability. Application of advanced technologies, statistical methods, engineering principles and theories. Broad knowledge of systems and operations outside of core responsibilities.
- Conceptual and detailed designs for products to meet fit, form, risk mitigation and function requirements. Proofs of concept and prototype development to evaluate design characteristics
- Research and identification of new techniques and technologies for design of new products.
- Design compliance input during initial manufacturing runs.
- Ability to work on multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions and best practices to ensure accurate and detailed execution.
- Leadership of cross-functional teams. Guidance to several groups and interfacing departments.
- Implement and drive ZDP / APQP throughout the product development cycle.
- Training for people outside of the work group, including high-level technical customer representatives.
- Drawings, specifications, design documentation and design history to meet compliance standards.
- Test and measurement criteria to ensure adherence to design standards.
- Root cause analyses for product failures.
- Successful customer collaboration on technical tasks.
Our Senior Design Engineer will have / demonstrate:
- Engineering or optics related degree.
- Knowledge of Mil/Aero program requirements and approaches for achieving compliance.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of technical competencies.
- Technical writing skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to analyze data and develop theories.
- Awareness of financial impacts of decisions made.
Timbercon offers excellent employee benefits, including 15 days PTO, 7 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, FSA/CSA, Simple IRA with 3% employer matching program and tuition reimbursement for pre-qualified course work.
Salary based on experience.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter with the job title in the subject line.
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Timbercon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Timbercon is an EEO employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, use of lawful products during non-work hours and any other legally protected status.
The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide only to the types of duties required to be undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and so this job description will be subject to review in line with the requirements of the business.