- Posted On : 06/09/2020
- Department : Engineering
- Reporting to : VP of Engineering
Timbercon designs and manufactures high-reliability fiber optic, hybrid and laser cables, harnesses and assemblies for the military, aerospace, datacom, medical and industrial markets. We are growing quickly, and are in need of talented individuals to join the Timbercon team. Dedication and hard work are recognized and rewarded at Timbercon, and we have fun too (ping pong tournaments, company parties and more)!
- Support operations objectives to increase productivity, reduce waste, improve quality, and enhance safety
- Support the New Product Development process through pilot line activities.
- Perform duties associated with the transition of new products to manufacturing, including; writing process documentation, developing routing, performing time studies, perform capability studies and use statistical methods.
- Work with Design Engineering to develop future products and facilitate the transition to manufacturing
- Implement and drive ZDP/APQP throughout the product development cycle.
- Identify, justify, plan, and lead continuous improvement, new product development, and capacity expansion projects
- Assess in-house manufacturing capabilities and implement new processes and/or equipment where justifiable to expand those capabilities
- Select, design, and modify tooling, fixtures, and equipment as needed to improve safety, quality, throughput, and productivity
- Lead cross-functional project teams to achieve required objectives on time and under budget
- Work with internal and external suppliers of materials, equipment, and services to execute projects, resolve problems, and improve processes
- Support daily production issues in order to maintain on time delivery targets for products within the new product development process
- Understand customer needs and develop innovative solutions as well as implement cost effective technology to meet the customer requirements
- Define and deploy testing approaches including test equipment, fixtures and cables systems
- Interact with customers and suppliers as needed on technical and quality related issues
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of changes as required
- Develop a detailed knowledge of all Timbercon manufacturing processes
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 year degree in an engineering/technology field and/or minimum of three years in an engineering role in the opto-electric, fiber optic, laser or cabling industry
- Experience leading teams and delivering results utilizing systematic problem solving methodology
- Proficiency creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes.
- Read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical documents/publications
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from prototype to sustaining activities
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Capable of functioning effectively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills
- Well defined project management methodology and use of supporting tools, such as MS Project
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is desired
- Analytical and problem solving skills to include failure analysis, corrective/preventative action, statistical analysis, etc
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of optics and its applications
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Understand mechanical assembly drawings and basic electronic specifications
- Ability to reason through problems and suggest workable solutions
- A goal driven self-starter capable of meeting objectives with limited supervision
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills that is comfortable leading in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Results-oriented professional able to solve complex problems and implement change.
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex issues in simple terms to all levels of the organization
- Work well under pressure while managing multiple demands and tight deadlines
- Driven by facts and analysis using advanced quantitative techniques
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to work within an MRP/ERP system
- Intermediate or higher user of MS Office and statistical analysis tools.
- Strong analytical, time management, and technical writing skills
Timbercon offers excellent employee benefits, including 15 days PTO, 7 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, FSA/CSA, Simple IRA with 3% employer matching program and tuition reimbursement for pre-qualified course work.
The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide only to the types of duties required to be undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and so this job description will be subject to review in line with the requirements of the business. The Company will endeavor to give reasonable notice of such changes.