The US Conec Ltd.’s PRIZM® LightTurn® is a right angle connector that interfaces with the Avago MicroPOD™, MiniPOD™ and other high density...
Ribbon Fiber Cables
Timbercon Ribbon Fiber Cables offer a compact, efficient, and versatile solution to applications requiring maximum connectivity in a minimum amount of space. Based on single ferrule MT technology, these cable assemblies provide up to 72 fiber connections in a single point, reducing the physical space and labor requirement, while providing the same bandwidth capacity of a multi-fiber cable with individual fiber/connector terminations per fiber.
Timbercon Ribbon Fiber Cables are used in many applications requiring multiple fibers from point to point and/or multiple fiber distribution from one point to several separate points.
The advantage of utilizing Ribbon Fiber Cables resides in the ability to achieve a much higher density in patch panel, cable routing/ducting, and device connection environments, without compromising the quality or quantity of the connection.
- MTP®, MPO, and Elite connector options
- Standard and custom polishes
- SM, MM, and MM laser optimized fiber types
- 0dB – 24dB attenuation options
- SC, LC, ST, FC, MT-RJ, and MU connector options (breakout style)
- Bare ribbon, 2mm, 3mm, ruggedized, and custom jacketing options
Timbercon Ribbon Fiber Cables are available in MT to MT and MT distribution styles, with a multitude of options including fiber type, fiber count, jacket style, breakout length, connector type, and attenuation.
*MTP® is the registered trademark of US Conec Ltd.
ES 152 MT Visual Standards
|Zone A: Area near the core < 25UM|
|SM & Elite||MM|
|Diameter||0 to 25Um||0 to 66Um|
|Allowable Defects (diameter)* defined as 'permanent non-linear features'. Contamination/Pits etc.||None||5 < 3UM
None > 3UM
|Allowable Scratches||None||5 < 3UM
None > 3Um
|Zone B: Cladding Area|
|SM & Elite||MM|
|Diameter||25 to 115Um||66 to 115Um|
|Allowable Defects (diameter)||Any < 2UM
5 from 2-5 UM
None > 3UM
|Any < 2UM
8 from 2-5 UM
None > 5UM
|Allowable Scratches||None > 3Um||None > 3Um|
|Zone C: Adhesive Zone||Zone D: Contact Diameter (Does not apply for MT)|
|Description||Adhesive Zone||Contact Zone|
|Diameter||115 to 130 Um||130 to 250 Um|
|Allowable Defects (diameter)||Any||Any|
|Allowable Scratches||None > 10Um||Any|
- Precision designed and manufactured MT connectors provide quality and durability
- Standard and custom precision polishing guaranteed to meet or exceed application requirements and industry standards
- Multiple fiber types allow product to ideally suit your application
- Definable attenuation for improved performance with application specific requirements
- Multiple breakout connectors eliminate the need for adapters
- Jacketing options enable the physical size of the cable to be suited to your exact requirement
- Equipment interconnect
- High speed data transfer
- Premise network
- Carrier networks
- Fiber management
- Cassette module connections