Timbercon MIL-PRF-83526 products are an ideal solution for mutli-fiber connectivity in environmentally harsh conditions, while providing a superior level of performance and durability.
All Timbercon MIL-PRF-83526 products are designed for maximum performance with minimal field maintenance. However, should field repair, maintenance, and/or cleaning be required, these products can be fully field-repaired reusing all the existing components with the exception of the termini. For easy service or maintenance, each connector has a removable end cap allowing direct access to the alignment sleeve and termini.
All Timbercon MIL-PRF-83526 products utilize precision designed and manufactured connectors and components. Connector options include TFOCA II ®, DFOCA, and GFOCA, with a myriad of fiber type and count options.
- Incorporated, removable front key plate
- 4 optional keying positions
- Available in multiple types of plated aluminum, or stainless steel
- Available with single mode and multimode termini
- Factory polished single mode to UPC standards
- Improved cable strain relief
- Meets MIL-STD-1344 vibration specifications (Method 2500.1) and EIA/TIA-455-14 (Condition A) shock requirements
Timbercon utilizes high-reliability fiber optic connectors, such as the MIL-PRF-83526, to produce precision alignment of optical fibers. Connectors with polarization keys and keyways are manufactured to exacting tolerances to reduce radial misalignment and insertion loss. Timbercon military specific connectors also incorporate a bottoming surface to ensure reliable shell-to-shell connection. This attribute ensures that the linear dimensional relationship of the contact termini are the same. Contact Timbercon to learn more about MIL-PRF-83526 fiber optics.
MIL-PRF-83526 connectors may also referred to as: 83526, TFOCA II ®, DFOCA, or GFOCA.
- Easy termini cleaning with removable front key plate
- Keying position options enable segregated mating through mechanical interface
- Plated aluminum or stainless steel options for high corrosion applications
- Single Mode UPC polish ensures high performance
- Strain relief designed to meet 400 lb. pull strength specification
- U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps military tactical deployments or strategic installations
- Oil, Gas and Geosciences industries