As an industry standard fiber optic interconnect for shipboard and ship-to-shore uses, the Timbercon MIL-PRF-28876 has become the universal standard connector for Navy applications. The MIL-PRF-28876 is constructed out of aluminum alloy with double start threads for extra durability in rough environments. This connector meets the U.S. Navy's stringent MIL-S-901 Grade A Medium shock requirement.
The MIL-PRF-28876 is available in plug, wall-mount receptacles, and jam-nut mounted receptacles in a full range of standard insert arrangements. This connector uses the MIL-T-29504 /14 and /15 sealed termini which Timbercon terminates in our factory using custom, automatic polishing fixtures.
Timbercon utilizes high-reliability fiber optic connectors, such as the MIL-PRF-28876, to produce precision alignment of optical fibers. Connectors with polarization keys and keyways are manufactured to exacting tolerances to reduce radial misalignment and insertion loss. Timbercon military specific connectors also incorporate a bottoming surface to ensure reliable shell-to-shell connection. This attribute ensures that the linear dimensional relationship of the contact termini are the same. Contact Timbercon to learn more about MIL-PRF-28876 fiber optics.
- Available in 2, 4, 6, 8, 18, & 31 channel configurations
- Full environmental sealing
- Low insertion loss
- Available with single mode and multimode termini
- Hybrid versions available
- Tight tolerances
- Ceramic connector ferrules
- Ruggedized packaging
- Precision optical alignment
- High quality & reliable - USA made & manufactured
- Certified for harsh environments
- Consistent and reliable performance from precision engineering
- Harsh environment
- Armored applications