MIL COTS ST
Timbercon offers both MIL-C-83522 and COTS (commercial-off-the-shelf) versions of ST connectors for harsh environment applications. These connectors are designed to provide the best possible optical performance in applications with severe environmental conditions.
Various connectors and adapter options are available for the MIL COTS ST to meet a broad range of needs and requirements. The M83522 connector is qualified for military applications and features a higher spring force than commercial ST connectors, allowing it to meet the shock requirements of MIL-C-83522.
Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) ST connectors provide the same robustness with a spring force more consistent with commercial ST connectors, enabling them to connect effectively with other ST connectors and ancillary electronics.
- Bayonet coupling for quick interconnect, keyed for repeatable performance
- MM & SM versions
- Low insertion loss, < 0.5dB max,
< 0.3dB typical
- Durable, all-metal body
- Boot options for 3mm, 2mm cable, and 900mm buffered fiber
- All brass configuration option
- Straight boot available
With precision optical alignment, ruggedized packaging, and technical superiority, Timbercon MIL COTS ST are ideal for any operation requiring military-grade fiber optics.
- Keyed bayonet allows quick, repeatable interconnect
- Single Mode or multimode styles allow wide application range
- Low insertion loss ensures precise optical performance
- Metal connector body provides improved durability
- Multiple boot options for a variety of fiber types
- Brass body option provides further ruggedization for more demanding applications
- Multiple boot options for application specific routing or bend radius applications
- Harsh environment
- Armored applications